Tried this one out last night for our Bellamore dinner! Manngo really liked it and packed some up for lunch 🙂 For the sides, I roasted some broccoli in olive oil, salt & pepper and warmed up some buttery garlic bread. Good stuff!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausages (I used turkey sausage instead)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes with added puree
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 pound farfalle (bow-tie pasta)
- 1/2 cup (packed) chopped fresh basil
I probably would’ve sautÃ©ed some red bell pepper in the sauce to give it more sweetness. But overall, very simple & savory dish. 🙂 Will try again soon!