In the past few weeks, I’ve been asked by a few girlfriends and coworkers what type of makeup I use. I can’t help that my face naturally blushes like a plump baby’s bottom. 🙂 jk
It’s surprising how much effort it takes into creating an effortless look. Oh the irony.
In case any one else is wondering, I never leave the house without putting on the following (ofcourse, never forgetting to thoroughly rinse + tone + moisturize is a big part of my regimen as well):
- Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 in No.#23 Natural Beige. (I have an extra, unused tube of this if anyone is interested). I only add the cream to my forehead, nose, and sometimes the apple of my cheeks since it can get a bit greasy.
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Creme Compact in Bisque. Light application all over the face.
- YSL Teint Parfait Complexion Enhancer in #3 (shown below). It’s supposed to be a highlighter. I like to use it on my cheeks to give me that I just had sex look. Not a look that every girl might want…but there’s something about a dewy, moist face that’s so appealing.
- Christian Dior Eyeshadow in Incognito. Neutral, non-fussy tones. Great high pigment color that lasts all day.
- Mac Fluidline in Black Track. I love gel liners. They’re much easier to apply to the eyes.
- Maybelline Volum’ Express Colassal Mascara in Classic Black. I skimp (price-wise) on my mascara. I’ve tried out both high and low-end wands, and they literally do the same thing to my lashes.
- YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain in either Rose Forreau or Rouge Laque (shown below). I have a ton of other lipsticks, lip glosses, tinted lip moisturizers, yet these lip stains have recently become my favorite (thanks to one of my besties). You don’t have to apply it so often. It leaves a subtle stain that looks effortlessly fresh.
After listing it out like that, I guess I use more makeup than…say…a college girl, but of course, I’m a working woman so I have to look my brightest.
So there you have it. The makeup map to my face. 🙂
But if there were only one thing that I suggest you splurge on, it would definitely be the YSL Teint Parfait. It’s simply amazing and makes your skin look super hydrated and plumper than plump. I guess that’s the secret to my youth-fulness. Thank you, YSL.