Yet another recipe post! More cooking and eating and cooking and eating . . . well, cause #socialdistancing! Ethan is enjoying a lot of humble, home-cooked meals. Gordan Ramsay, watch out. The Lunas are coming for you. 🙂
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp Red Curry paste
- 2.5 cups chicken stock
- 1 6oz can tomato paste
- 2 cups kale
- 1 can (14 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- fresh cilantro (garnish)
- red chili pepper flakes
- Heat the olive oil in large casserole and sauté onion for 5 minutes over medium-low heat. Add garlic and stir for 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, turmeric, cumin, cayenne, and curry paste. Sauté another 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a rolling simmer
- Add chickpeas and simmer partially covered for 20 minutes until thickened
- Mix in kale until starting to wilt. Cover for 5 minutes. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Garnish with cilantro and red chili flakes.
- Spoon over hot long grain rice and enjoy!